Well Water (John 5:1-16)
Asclepius – Greek god of medicine…..
The ___________________ & his ______________________________________ – v. 6-7
- Ungrateful and disloyal
The ___________________________& His ____________________________– v. 8-14
- The Sabbath was not a rule for mankind but a gift to mankind
- Mark 2:27-28 – And He said to them, ‘The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath. Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath.
He came to ___________________amazing _______________________– v. 8
- The man didn’t warrant the miracle of Christ
- The man didn’t seem to want the miracle of Christ
- Jesus willingly displayed grace to unveil the wonder God’s love!
He came to _____________________with ________________________ – v. 14
- The man was entrenched in continuous sin
- Jesus extends a sober warning
- The man errs when He turns Jesus in
We ________________________where to ___________________ from here
- I can choose to pledge my allegiance to Christ
- Or I can choose to place my alliance with self-life
- I have a continuous moment-by-moment choice!